Fitness travel is an emerging new trend when it comes to vacations. There was a time when the words “fitness” and “travel” do not seem to fit in the same sentence. That is because we had this general connotation that traveling entails gaining weight since the most common things we do during vacations are to relax and to eat.
These days, however, we are given the option to explore the world while working on the pounds that we wish to lose. Whether it is on a fitness cruise or any other fitness tour, many people are choosing this kind of vacation to, not only bring home priceless extraordinary travel experiences, but also to bring home a priceless healthier and stronger new you.
Seated in locations far away from the urban areas, fitness spa resorts detach their visitors from the stress that they have to deal with from the everyday responsibilities and problems. That alone appeals to a lot of people who are looking for a relaxing vacation. If that is not reason enough, here are five more reasons why you should choose a fitness resort on your next vacation:
1. Destinations. Fitness vacations provide everyone with the best venues for the programs that the different fitness tours prepare. France, Spain, Italy, Wyoming, Costa Rica, the Caribbean – what more can you ask for? The fitness resorts are committed to bringing visitors like you to fun, exciting and unique travel destinations, and providing you with the comfort, peace and accommodating service that you truly need and deserve. The tour programs take you to remote destinations that have a calming and tranquil environment. Or, you can opt for a more energetic and lively tour through ancient metropolises. The choice is yours. Wherever you choose to go, you are guaranteed to love the place.
2. Programs. The programs that fitness vacations facilitate are very comprehensive. A month prior to your week-long fitness tour or cruise, a health coach or fitness personnel will contact you for physical assessment. This is to find out the kinds of activities that you will be able to physically endure during your vacation. During this time, the health coach gives you a personalized and structured program that you can work on alone at home. The idea is to get you physically prepared for your tour as well as to help you to achieve the maximum results during your tour. The fitness program does not end as soon as the tour ends. In fact, nutritional and physical counseling by the health coaching staff is conducted until a month after your tour.
3. Support Group. Naturally, individuals seek the company of those they can most relate to when undergoing challenging and life-changing events in their lives. Fitness spa resorts serves as a venue where people with the same interest in active traveling or goal of losing weight meet and act as inspiration and motivation for each other. There are certain studies that prove that the gathering of participants in groups delivers better positive results. It is always good and fun to meet new people. With the same company you get to keep during your one week of fitness touring, you might even gain personal or professional relationships that will blossom into something very significant in the future.
4. Food. What you eat is truly essential in every travel experience. No matter where you go, no vacation is complete without the taste of your travel destination’s local cuisine. It has always been thought that you have to avoid food in order to lose weight. In fact, fitness vacations serve delectable, mouthwatering dishes for you to succumb into. Bear in mind that food is not only an essential factor of any travel experience. It is also an important factor of having a healthy lifestyle. With a staff of nutritionists to prepare menus, fitness resorts serve their guests with delicious well-balanced meals in appropriate portions. The essence is to keep you sustained for the physical challenges that the tour has prepared for you, and also to help you detoxify and rejuvenate.
5. Health. Who is there to argue that there is no better reason to head off to a fitness resort for your health? With all the travel experiences, great food and friends that any fitness tour offers, none could ever top the health benefits that you are guaranteed to have. The old adage “Health is Wealth” remains true to this day. There is no better way to live your life than living it with a healthy mind and body.