There are things that will make a huge difference on your health insurance rate. However, most of them will require some form of adjustment, commitment and/or research on your part. If you are ready to do these, here are things that will help you save a great deal.
1. You will as well attract a more affordable health insurance rate if you have a healthy routine. The quality of your diet will sooner or later have an effect on your health insurance rate. Removing fats, cholesterol and high carb from your diet will make it easier for you to maintain the ideal weight, live a healthier life and, as a result, attract cheaper health insurance rates.
In the same way, you will be healthier and therefore have to see the doctor less if you are committed to exercise up to thirty minutes daily.
2. Even though you are advised against self-medication, there are situations where you shouldn’t visit a doctor. Clear examples are viral infections like flu for which your doctor can really do nothing. It’s generally known that doctors can’t do you much good if you have a viral infection.
If your doctor cannot do anything about a health condition then I think it is unwise to spend about $100 to see him or her. Other instances are minor bruises that just simple first aid will handle properly.
If you don’t know these simple things take out time to read books on them especially if you have little kids. There are many things that you can (and should) handle if you have invested the time to learn and also have a well-equipped first aid box.
However, if you don’t know what to do, go ahead visit your doctor. But, please, know your limits and be aware that there are situations you must refer to a doctor even if you know what to do. You are not permitted by law to attempt some things except you’re a certified medical practitioner even if you know what to do. Having the right balance is necessary in this and such matters. If you do this right you will pay less in health insurance and at the same time not endanger lives.
3. There are individuals who are not eligible for special health insurance for low-income earners and at the same time find it very difficult to pay for regular health insurance. If you’re among such individuals, you’ll benefit greatly if you get a discount medical card.
A discount medical card makes you eligible to use a network of doctors who are contracted to give card carriers health care services at a lower rate. This card is not managed by insurance companies.
It is as well a great alternative for individuals who may have a pre-existing health condition that will make them uninsurable with most health insurance schemes or make them get high health insurance premiums. No one is declined for any reason.
Just pay your monthly fee and you’ll have access to a network of doctors who will bill you less for their services.
4. This shouldn’t be a problem for most individuals but we’ll still have to talk about it…
Apart from the fact that you are putting your life in danger, using banned or unregistered drugs will increase you health insurance premium. And where the use of certain drugs is legally approved, misusing them will also make you spend more on health insurance rates.
Self medication should be avoided both for the serious implications to your health and health insurance rates.
5. Believe it or not, your driving culture can have a negative effect on your health insurance rate. Rough driving charges and other traffic offences can effectively add to your health insurance premium. An individual who drives roughly might make a health insurance claim soon as they are more likely to require medical attention.
You will reduce your health insurance rates if you cultivate a good habit behind wheels. Sports cars and super bikes will increase your premium since they make you a higher risk. The higher probability of an accident means you could be injured and need to make a health insurance claim.